|Products | Order | Home||
Features & Specs |
Articles & Reviews |
eMail List | News | Online Assembly Guide | Photo Gallery
SDR Quick Kit
The SDR "Quick Kit" is the next generation of the SDR Cube Transceiver Kit whereby you merely mechanically assemble the pre-built and pre-tested electronic modules, thus enabling you to get to a working SDR Cube within a couple of hours!
There are four major parts to the Quick Kit, as pictured above:
1) Digital Module -- Consists of three pcb assemblies that plug together to form the "computing heart" of the SDR Cube: the DSP Board, the Controls Board, and the I/O Board
2) RF Deck -- Consists of the Enhanced "Softrock 6.3" modules that we've always used (SR-Base Board and the TXPA transmit power amplifier module), as well as the Multi-Rx module that we developed to provide general coverage receive from 3-30 MHz.
3) Cables -- 7 cables that interconnect the RF Deck with the DSP and I/O boards
4) Enclosure -- Drilled, power-coated and silkscreened labeled
Mechanical Assembly, Test + Calibration:
1) Digital Module --
2) RF Deck --
3) Install into Enclosure --
4) Final Test & Calibrate --
These are the modules and hardware parts supplied in the Quick Kit. Note that some pre-assembly might already be done with the pc boards ...
Copyright 2014 Midnight Design
Solutions, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Page last updated: May 2017